Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks/ProEngineer Training programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMccarthy81

Mechanical
Jun 14, 2005
US
I'm in the Massachusetts area and I'm currently unemployeed. i'm taking this time to update my skills, therefore I'm trying to locate a institute or college that offers certificate programs for any 3D CAD software. If anyone can steer me in the right direction I'd be most appreciative, thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Contact you're local SW VAR for a student copy. The last time I heard SW was giving free night school to unemployed engineers/designers/drafters. I'm not sure what PTC offers but I know they have a good student copy program.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

It's not "official training" but PTC will send you a trial copy of Wildfire that you can learn yourself at home. I did it, and knowing Solidworks already, picked it up easily.
It would allow you to add "familiar with PTC Wildfire" to your resume... which will at least get you in the door.
Then you may be given a test to check your skills. Hopefully, you've learned enough to do simple parts and drawings.
It's easy to get the Solidworks personal edition CD also. Just call a local VAR. They'll be happy to send it to you.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back