Solidworks SP 3.0 Released 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADGemini

Mechanical
May 12, 2004
US
Hello All,

I was just at the solidworks website and noticed that SP3.0 was released today. It is no longer listed as "early visibility".

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2006 SP0.0

I have also noticed that on the new solidworks website that the release notes and the SPR list are not updated for SP3.0

I think I will wait to see the fixes before implementing the SP on everyone's machine. We had issues with toolbox when updating to 2.0 which made us stick with 0.0

We are very hesitant in upgrading until we hear that it is a secure update.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2006 SP0.0

Grrr! 2 crashes in 2 hours! Maybe I should have waited for SP3.1!
(please don't ask which graphics card driver I am using, or which direction my tongue was pointing towards when installing)

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

OK ... which way was the wind blowing?

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

I upgraded yesterday. I noticed that after a little time in sketch mode, sizing a new circle caused the dragging image to disappear. After doing a hex sketch, the circle sizing drag started showing properly again. I guess there's still a few bugs to iron out here.

Tim

Flores,

Run a "modify" on your install of SW and see if that helps. Maybe the SP got a hiccup when it installed.

support69 [conehead]

I haven't tried SP3.0, but I'd like to pass on a warning from the SW forum. Look in the customer experience folder.

Seems 3.0 puts out horrible .pdf files

A quote: "Service Pack 3 and PDFs produce the worst quality PDFs I have ever seen, the solid models look like crap, High Qulaity is non existent and lots of details are so dull you can barely see them even with black thick lines.

It looks like a monkey with a crayon is producing the PDF."

I use pdf files quite often so will absolutely not consider an "upgrade" until this is fixed.

Thought I'd pass this caution on as it's the type of problem I likely wouldn't recognize until I was too far into the process to revert easily.

support69, thank your pointed head. [conehead]

Instead of a "modify", I ran a "repair" and things seem to be more stable. Even though I know to turn off McAfee viruscan, I had unintentionally left Microsoft Antispyware Beta running. I turned them both off, and then repaired SW and things seem to be running better.

ongybill,
I will add that I haven't had that particular problem. If anything, the line-weights are finer than the PDF's created in previous versions. I didn't bust out my Mitutoyo's to measure them, but I find the lines visibly thinner.

The only gripe I have with the PDF's is that I can no longer save the PDF's in all black. I had to change the "driven" dimensions and the border to black.

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back