Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solidworks toolbox problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrlogan

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2006
US
Awhile ago I voiced a problem here about breaking a toolbox connection so I could make my bolts individual parts. The answer to that was

"C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\Toolbox\data utilities\sldsetdocprop.exe" Load the file and select no for the property state.

Just for background the owner went back and forth with the VAR for 6+ months trying to get this answer as well as trying several other places. I asked the question on this site and got the correct answer in less then 30 minutes. That is the quality of site that this is and the quality of the members.

Back to the problem - we just loaded SW2010 and I tried the above for the first time (and for the first time in many months). I get the error message

error: could not set the document property on file 'C\documents ....\name of part

I have tried several parts from toolbox and get this message on all.

Does anyone know why this error is coming up? Can't ask the VAR - they never knew this command existed til I showed it to them.

Thanks
David

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are your toolbox permissions set to, mainly, is it password protected? If not you may not have permissions to set the file properties.

Also, could you post up a screenshot of the error?

Tony Greising-Murschel
Windows XP SP3 x86 (Don't ask)
Core i7 870 - 4GB
Nvidia Quadro FX 580
SolidWorks 2010 SP2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back