Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks Toolbox question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnov77

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2007
US
Using the add my parts wizard, I created a folder under washers called company washers. I did this as a test to see how this feature would work. I was able to locate the files that I wanted to include and use them in my assemblies. How ever the location and components in this folder are not as we want them to be. How do I delete this folder and Its contents from the solidworks toolbox. When I right click on the folder there is no option to delete. When I select the folder and hit the delete button nothing happens. Please help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On the rignt side of the screen the design flyout, toolbox icon, ansi inch, washers, comyany washers. I want to delete the last folder. This folder only exists in the toolbox flyout, not on the network drive. That I can find any way.

Strange. I created a folder identical to yours, moved a couple of fasteners into it and was able to delete it. Perhaps it's a permissions issue. Or, if someone has an assembly open that is referencing parts from that folder, it'll lock you out. You might want to make sure that nothing is currently being referenced.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
CAD Administrator
SW '07 SP2.0, Dell M90, Intel 2 Duo Core, 2GB RAM, nVidia 2500M

You don't create a physical folder. The folder is only viewable under the toolbox icon. You also don't move parts into the folder. You use the add my parts wizard to direct toolbox to look in various folders, if you wish, to access the desired components. Once you have used the add my parts wizard you seemingly can't get rid of the folder you have made. ???????

I found the solution.

Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools, Options.

On the System Options tab, click Data Options.

Click Edit Standards Data.

On the Access Control tab, under Security, click Create/Change to create a password. In the future, after you create a password, click Login to enter the password to gain user access control.

You enter a secret question when you add a password. If you forget your password, the application prompts you with your secret question. If you answer correctly, you are given the password.

Under User Access Control, select:

Allow editing of standards data. When cleared, the data on the Edit Data tab of the Configure Data dialog box is view only.

Allow configuring of Toolbox. When cleared, the options on the Browser tab of the Configure Browser dialog box in Toolbox are view only.

Allow configuring of Smart Fasteners. When cleared, the options on the Smart Fasteners tab of the Configure Browser dialog box in Toolbox are view only.

Allow usage of Add My Parts Wizard. When checked, you cannot add parts to the library of Toolbox components.

Click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back