Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solidworks views in Photoview 360 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

overkill4

Mechanical
Oct 6, 2005
Hi all,

Is there any way I can use a custom Solidworks view in Photoview 360? My client needs some renderings from different angles but all from the same height off the ground. I can easily set this up in Solidworks with cameras but I really would rather render this in Photoview 360.

It's a very large assembly and I'm using orthographic projection for the camera so the model rotation is very unstable.

You would think it would open up in the last saved orientation but apparently that's not the case.

Thanks in advance

60% of the time, it works every time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So if I've saved it in photoview is there any way I can roll back the change? Is there a seperate photoview file I could delete?

Thanks Rob your suggestion worked great. It didn't open at the exact zoom factor so some zooming and panning was required, but the orientation is there.

Cheers

Am I reading correctly that I cannot save a series of views in SolidWorks to be used in immediate sequence for a rendering within PV360? Really? If so, that's terrible.

While I'm wondering aloud, does anyone know of plans to include some form of animation package now that they plan to kill PhotoWorks (or the ability to render with PV360 within Animator)? I've got SW "Professional" or whatever it's now called, which currently has PhotoWorks and Animator.

Jeff Mowry
A people governed by fear cannot value freedom.

Thanks--does anyone have any links this early as to what's expected in 2011 or how it's done? I've heard these rumors for quite a while, but I don't remember seeing them confirmed by SolidWorks.

With the views thing, it's nice to be able to save views withing PV360, but I don't understand why views created in SolidWorks aren't usable within PV360. Perhaps PV360 just isn't very integrated with the SW interface so far, but my concern is that it could stay that way, which would really cause a hit to my productivity. I need to mess around with it for a while and get better up to speed.

Jeff Mowry
A people governed by fear cannot value freedom.

I just have what I've posted at my blog. That does give some links back to SW documents though too.

Basically SW has said rendering in 2011 will have all the capability of PhotoWorks but will be done by PV360. As confirmed by images and video at SW World, PV360 will be integrated (like PW is) into SW 2011.

Exactly how the integration will work with 2011 I'm not sure, we'll all find out in a few months ;)

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
Eastern Region SWUGN Representative SW 2007 SP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back