Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks window layout problem please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchange

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2009
US
I was messing around with my toolbar layouts in solidworks 2008 some how I screwed something up and I now can't see the different view icons that are at the top center of a document. I also can't see the minimize / close window options on the top right of a window either.

When I click on where they are supposed to be the function happens. I can click on the empty space on the top right of the document and the window will close...

Did I somehow hide the icons or something???? Is this a program error???? I have tried restarting the program and restarting the computer doesn't seem to help...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like a graphics problem if it functions but does not display. What graphics card and driver are you using? n As for the View icons, I never use them, I just hit the space bar to bring up those options.

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of these Forums?

The "heads-up" top-centre icons can usually be brought back by RMB clicking at the centre of where that toolbar should be, and then selecting the required icons.

I've never heard of the Minimize/Restore/Close icons disappearing though.

See also faq559-507

Figured it out turns out it was a problem with the display compatibility. I changed my display color quality down to 16bit and it didn't like that...

Thanks for the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back