SolidWorks xDesign pricing? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatCouture

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2003
CA
Hi!

I don't know when Dassault Systèmes went live with their xDesign cad modeler in a browser but I received a link to try it out. Before going into much details about how useful or not this could be I wanted to know more about who is the targeted user base. Is it included with a SW licence (maintenance probably). Or it's only free for now until they start imposing subscriptions fees once we have enough hours worked on it that we can't simply give it up?

I have a hard time finding information on this. Of course I could contact my VAR but before that I wanted to exhaust a couple other options.

I can't stop myself doing comparison with Onshape and I have the same worries about xDesign that I have with Onshape but at the same time they present some useful features.

Thanks

Patrick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's still in early visibility and has been for months maybe even longer. It's free for the moment, but to my understanding, they will be charging people for it eventually. It will be separate from SW and not part of that package.

To me its another form of Ransomware just like Onshape, & Fusion 360.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Hi Scott

I like the use of the word ransomware for this. At the same time they are not so far from it with the way maintenance works for SW. But still I prefer having the files on my local hard drive instead of somewhere in the cloud where I can't know if I'm really the only one having access.

Thanks

Patrick

My Var told me pretty much the same information as Scott mentionned. Early visibility for now. Will be a separate product and not part of a SolidWorks bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back