Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

solve building 126m high on etabs using pushover , take much time

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngAbdelrhman

Civil/Environmental
Feb 7, 2020
EG
solve building 126m high on etabs using pushover , take much time and still solving iam bored i nedd any way to get this model fast
, and how i fasten the program for solving the model

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a 35-40 storey building based on my best guess at floor to floor height. How long is it taking to run? That is a huge stiffness matrix to be solved. It takes time to process it. especially if doing a non-linear analysis.

You should be using the standard solver for at least the first run as it will report any instabilities in your model. After that you could go to the accelerated solver for the standard day to day stuff.

Also, it would depend highly on your computer capabilities and usage at the time of solving. If you have a bunch of stuff open using up processing power and ram, then it's going to be slower than if this was the only thing the computer is doing.

i change my hard to ssd
i have ram 6 giga
and i think have gpu 1 giga external
ssd hard Eases the matter for memory and cpu but the memory ( ram ) reach 95 % some times and always play about 70 %
can these posibilties of computer help solving even in more time
or i have to improve my computer more
another question can i use gpu to help me

The graphics processing unit does nothing to help the processing power of your computer.

Etabs recommends minimum 8gb of ram for proper operation. My computer has 16gb of ram and I would argue it could do with more. Because for example, I have no design programs running at the moment, just office programs, i.e. word, excel, outlook. and this browser window, and I'm currently using 8gb. So that's half of my ram in use, without etabs even being open.

So that lack of RAM isn't helping the solving speed, but it's also a complex analysis for a building that tall and inherently will be a long time running.

How long does it take for the model to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back