Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solvent based gafted adhesive

Status
Not open for further replies.

iqramirez

Chemical
Mar 16, 2004
MX
Hello there.
I need to formulate an adhesive to attach leather, pvc, EVA foam and non woven, my first idea was todevelop a grafted adhesive using natural rubber and methylmethacrylate MMA, that material was provided by HEvea corp (heveatex8000). The material heveatex 8000 was diluited in Toluene/MEK 8:2, but the adhesive doesnt work. Any suggestion?

Yes, cyanoacrylates are so expensives, and dificult to work in production. we have that problem in a footwear factory

I cant tell whether u are buying your adhesive or whether u are trying to create your own. If you have access to the proper chemicals, try a solvent based adhesive (what i predominantly work with). One of the several solvents (big one is acetone, obviously) along with some form of a resin. Try different solvents and different resins (some kind of vinyl perhaps). Dont forget that they are not instant though.

Sorry if this is of no help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back