Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some of the visible lines are not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

SzucsFerenc

Industrial
Oct 28, 2013
HU
Dear All,

I made a revolved section view in drafting mode and in the generated view some of the visible lines are not visible.

Have anyone ever met this phenomenon?

Can this happen because of the computer performance settings?

Thx!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey,

if You use layers - check Layer Visble in Wiew (it always work with electrode drawing).
If no - can You write more detail - what kind of drawing You made? Assembly drawing, drawing with one body or more, drawing with thread?
Maybe, You can add screen of your drawing or similar.

Best regards

Michał Nowak

Hi,

I do not use layers.
It is an assembly drawing with more bodies. There are edges which have to be visible but somehow those are invisible/or partially invisible. This phenomenon appears mostly in a section view.
Now I can not show a picture but tomorrow morning I will attach a printscreen.
It is a very annoying thing...

BR,
Ferenc Szücs

Possibly there are two solid bodies that are interferring with (inside of) each other.
I see this happening with shrink fit assemblies. It also happens with two components that are not constrained correctly and end up slightly inside of each other.

Since it's an Assembly there's always the possibility that there may be some interfering solids, as mentioned by jerry1423. If this is the case, select the problem view(s), press MB3 and select the 'Hidden Line' item and toggle ON the 'Interfering Solids' option of 'Yes, With Interference Curves' and see if this solves the problem.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back