Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some simple questions on Catia Drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk258013

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2015
IN
Hi all

1) I want to know how to give dimensions like as shown in image file
2) There is option to hide extension line but how to hide Dimension line?
3) How to edit dimension value if i enter fake value its color is different this is the only option we have?

Part_1_orhwr1.jpg

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

For point 2, I think you have to adapt or create your Drawing Standard("Tools" - "Standards.."):
Standard_f52ton.png

I don't know witch value you have to change.

For point 3, the different colors for dimensions are defined in the "Tools" - "Options..":
CATIA_Option_u6fivn.png

Regards
Marc

1) Use the Cumulated Dimension System tool

2) I don't think it can be done, but why do you want to hide the dimension line? If you attach an example of what you want, I'll try to help you

3) Use the Analysis Display Mode icon on the bottom of the screen to turn off the dimension colors. You can also turn it off in the properties panel you attached above - it's the bottom option (the one you marked with a "3")

Hi jackk

I tried cumulated dimension but I am getting dimension line as you can see my image in red rectangle there are only extension line with value at each point I am trying to get that

Thank you puk.

I know this before I thought there must be other way because if we can do by above method we can hide any line. And there is no need of option called display extension line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back