Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SP 1Upgrade - All Pattern References were lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes616

Aerospace
Mar 19, 2005
US
Just wanted to throw this one out there. Today we upgraded to SP1. After doing so, I opened an assembly where EVER SINGLE Pattern reference edge had been lost. It took about a couple of hours to re define the edges, which sucked... but I got it done... Just wanted to know if anyone had any similar experience with the upgrade.

Wes C.
------------------------------
Make a dent in the Universe... do something great...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I was seeing this is SW 2005. I haven't had the issue with SW2006 SP1. Was your assembly an older SW2005 file or a current SW2006?

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
SW 2006 SP 1.0EV

Rockguy,

I too had issues like this in 2005. My VAR said it should go away when we upgraded to 2006 (which we did about 3 weeks ago). The Assembly is one that I started in 2005, and has been under constant development through our upgrade to 2006. I didn't experience this with SP0, and has been fine since I fixed the problem. I thought I should just tell someone. It may be an issue with the upgrade itself (lets hope I don't have to go through that again (because it was ALL of my LP's).

Anyway, I'm not really looking for any advice, I just wanted to share with everyone my experience, in case someone else is having similar problem (cause I would even believe that this was a complete fluke).

Wes C.
------------------------------
Make a dent in the Universe... do something great...

The problem occured earlier but the error was not reported by SolidWorks until SW2005sp1.1

The only way is to redefine your patterns. :-(

-------------------------------
From SW Current Technical Bulletins:
Feb-20-05 Bulletin - 2005 SP1.1 - Assy Component Pattern Warnings

When opening existing assemblies in 2005 SP1.1, the following warning may display on component pattern features which did not occur in previous versions: “You must select a direction to pattern along, or the one you have selected is invalid.”

This warning was intentionally added to 2005 SP1.1 and 2004 SP5.0 to fix for the following SPR 116094 - Component pattern which has lost its reference to edge/dimension defining direction gives no indication of this error. This missing pattern direction reference was not detected by previous versions of SolidWorks, but should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back