Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SpaceBall Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

TateJ

Mechanical
Mar 15, 2002
US
In 2006 - you can place a camera on an object in an assembly - then fly it thru with an animation.
Now - with my SpaceBall - I can move a part around in an assembly too.
I'm trying to combine these 2 tricks for a real-time SpaceBall flythru.
I can't seem to move in/out... but I can control everything else... [banghead]

Windows 2000 Professional / Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
SolidWorks 2006 SP01.0 / SpaceBall 4000 FLX
Diet Coke with Lime / Dark Chocolate
Lava Lamp

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I thought about this last night. I think the sub-part movement with the SpaceBall limits the movement to parallel with the view. Maybe that's the problem & I won't find a work-around for it.. Too bad... would've been real cool to do a "live" fly-thru.

Lava Lamp

Regarding moving parts, I recived this from 3dconnexion

Eric,

I have done some research regarding your comments about not being able to zoom while in “sub-part movement” mode. Here is what I found…
In SolidWorks, a limitation exists in the application API. In April 2002, SolidWorks acknowledged the issue and issued an SPR.

SPR 134867: “Model faces become transparent when moving assembly components towards and through viewing plane." Until this limitation is corrected in the SolidWorks API. 3Dconnexion is unable to implement this feature. Please contact SolidWorks directly to check the planned schedule to resolve SPR 134867.

Too bad.. The other boys I work with use NavisWorks to fly-thru their big fancy AutoCad/Rebis models.
I just wanted to do the same without having to make an animation.
Is that so wrong?
[cry]

Lava Lamp

I got mad SpaceBall skills & there's no driver for NavisWorks. (at least the last time I checked) I know I can open a solidWorks file with NavisWorks, but then I have to fly via mouse & that's just wrong, Man!

Lava Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back