Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spaceball rotations locked in sketch mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

boffin5

Aerospace
Dec 31, 2003
US
Hi there,

I use a spaceball all the time, and often need to rotate the model even in the sketcher mode. But in the sketcher my spaceball won't do rotations. I can still do it with the mouse, but would like to know if there is a way to make the spaceball work.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You will need to go into view/tool bars/3Dx Device. You should see that the rotation option is turned off. All you need to do is turn it back on and it should work.

i had the same problem than boffin 5 but i let it for imposible. then i found this forum and i tried it but i have to turn on the comand everytime i start the sketch. is there any way to let toggles rotation mode on by default??

thanks

same problem here and I cannot get the 3Dconnexion software driver to keep the setting. so I loaded a menu for it and all i have to do now when it does that is click the icon in the menu to rotate

wmFLIPPER,

You need to configure your 3D device from CATIA, activate 3DxDevice toolbar and see the picture, everything should be clear.

3DxDevice.jpg

Rgds,
Damir

thanks very much, yes I have done that. and that is what I was referring to in my previous post. But also when you goto the skecher the rotate cuts off and I have to reactivate it by clicking the button. second one from the left in your image. What I need to do is make it not do that at all. "deactivate"
Thanks. for your input

Speaking of Spaceball issues, is there a setting to save the commands even when switching from Assy to draw to sketch and so on? When I set commands for buttons 1-9 on the Assy side, if any command(s) are different for another mode (draw) then the command automatically chagnes to <Unavailable>.

Maddogmiked,

Spaceball has notoriously bad drivers. This has happened to me countless times so i usually save settings for each mode assembly part and drawings. Cat_draw, Cat_part, Cat_assm and have customized settings for each I also turned of the Auto save mode so if 3DX decides to empty the settings they don't get saved as empty. Of course you'll be prompted from time to time to save and you can do what you choose.

I use a Spaceball 5000 but 3DX is trying to drop support for older devices. The space pilot is configured to automatically switch settings for each mode without you having to individually load them.

I like hockey, but am not a fan of the Puck shape being used on motion controllers. I'm wondering how the Asteroid device is doing in this market for the individual CAD programs.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back