Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spaceball Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

rarriaga

Automotive
May 16, 2002
MX
] I've used a Spaceball 4000FLX on a Win2000 in Unigraphics NX, but I have not control on the spaceball. It works in the opposite way, if you want to zoom in, it goes to zoom out, if you want to move to the left hand, goes to the rigth hand, is too difficult !!

I never had any problem before with Unigraphics 16, 17 & 18! Just with NX, and I already tried with another spaceball, thinking that something is wrong with the device, but nothing happens!! Could some of you guys can help me please??

thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you using the newest driver from The 4000 series is not a very durable tool, and it is very possible it is broken... I don't know. It sounds like a strange problem. They are currently having a trade in program for the new 5000 series or a Magellan. You will find that both of those are much nicer to use than the 4000.
-Derek

You might want to check to see if you have the
[]Reverse Y and Z Translations box checked on the Sensitivity and Filters Tab in the 3DxWare applications.

This may be what's causing the problem.

It is unchecked on my computer and it works fine for me.

Michael
[hourglass]

Hi Michael, thanks for your help. Let me tell you, that you are right, but one more question, what version is your software for the spaceball? because I can not see that button!!!

rarriaga, You really should download the newest version of the driver anyway, because there have been numerous improvements since teh version that shipped with UG v18. Anyway, the option you ask about is on the righthand side of the "Sensitivity and Filters" page of the driver dialog.
-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back