Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spaceball with remote login

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLLlloyd

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2009
US
Has anyone had any luck getting a spaceball to work with remote login? Using Pulse Connect Secure to login to work computer from home. I have a SpaceMouse Compact at home and at work.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am having a similar problem and it didn't happen until we had a TeamCenter update, and WINDOWS update, so it may have to do with that.
You can start your Spaceball from your start menu. It is best to do that before you start NX, but it may work even if you are in it.

Capture3_y9lamg.jpg

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

The driver is already running on both machines. Actually the spaceball does work right now, but it will only zoom in/out. It will not rotate.

You could have accidently turned off rotate by pressing one of the buttons on the Spaceball. You can fix it in NX.
Preferences -> 3D Input Devices
Capture_id56jp.jpg

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

No... its not simply a matter of changing the NX preferences.
The SpaceMouse doesn't work over remote desktop because the windows signal being sent is the same as a mouse wheel.
thats why all you can do is zoom in and zoom out.
they really need to make some kind of a fix for this but it's down to 3Dconnexion and from what I've learned, their technical support is...not great.
all they will tell you is "did you try reinstalling the driver?" which as we all know does nothing.
Hopefully they will roll out a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back