Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spaceball Work around

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno23

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2008
US
I have used a spaceball the past ten years. For some reason I can't get it to rotate properly in Solidworks 2007. I already know about the USB vs. serial problem. I have to believe someone is already ran across this problem. Any help would be great. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The newer drivers don't work as well with the space ball as the older ones.

Go to
Select Spaceball 4000 and Operating system and use 2.8.2 or if you have a 5000 you can use the later drivers. The main settings Tab has options for the Zoom direction to be Up-Down or Forward-Back and you can reverse the Axial direction as well.

Michael

Unigraphics and Catia V5 work just fine with the Spaceball 4000 and the 2.8.2 release from 3D Connexion. For some reason Solidworks is not compatable with the older version. My next question is,, if I spend the money for a new Spaceball 5000, will it work.

Get the Spaceball 5000 USB if you want a new 5000. It is discontinued from 3dconnexion (replaced with SpaceExplorer), but it works without issues and you can get a good deal on them on Ebay.

Flores

I have a SB 4000 serial working with SW 2007. I've had problems with the drivers before but now it is working fine. I'm using a serial to USB converter. not sure if that does the trick. version 5.09.0002 on the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back