Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

speed data

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepehri

Computer
Feb 5, 2002
CZ
tell me that how can I know send and receive data
through internet?
which software can help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure what your asking here. I'm going to assume that you mean how fast can data be sent over the Internet.

There are several parts to this. First of all, the speed of the sending and recieving computers. The faster they can process, then the more data tehy can send or recieve at once.

Then there's the connection. If you are using a modem, then that will tell you the speed. A 56K modem can trasmit and recieve at 56Kbps, but rarely attains this, due to the next part.

The line connecting you to the internet also can limit speed, especially over a phone line, which is why ADSL is becoming the new standard.

If i'm off on the wrong track, or if anyone notices any glaring mistakes in this, let me know.

Scotsdude

If u r asking about the data transmission over the internet,
and u want to transfer the data, over a network of internet.
then u r talking about networking,

there are several ways in which u can transfer ur data depending upon ur requirement.

say, if u just want to transfer a file from one computer to another u can use, FTP client-server software.. and if u r a programmer then u can also try for some socket program that can do this task for u. Pradeep Kumar Paijwar.
Staff Scientist, CNIE Division.
National Center for Software Technology,
juhu, Mumbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back