Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

speed governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASSADEQ

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2001
SA
what type of fire suppression system can be used to protect electronic speed governeor.

any help/advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would need to know what an electronic speed governor is before I could even considering researching the standards. Please elaborate.

To suggest a good hint one has to look for more things, but I can give some points to think, supposing the equipment has a special meaning for the user and it is worth a investment:

1. If the risk is within the pannel and you want to prevent damage on it on a early response basis: think of locating a smoke sensor in it or a more complicated detection system like VESDA (look f this on the webb). Sometimes you can buy the equipment with a smoke sensor in it or asking for premission of the manufacturer to install one or a VESDA system. A detection system would be good only if you can provide an effective response to shut down the power or extinguish the fire.

2. If the risk is outside the pannel and the place is closed, think of an clean agent system for the room.

3. Locate a smoke sensor above the pannel.

4. Look for specific requirement on an NFPA specific for the facility or FM standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back