Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speeding up the coating application process for a vertical ULG storage tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

321sol

Petroleum
Jun 19, 2016
GY
Hello,

I have contractors blasting and painting the inside tank bottom with Jotun Tank Storage Comp A. However, I need the tank to be in service sooner than expected. The paint has to be applied when the RH is < 85%. The various drying times reduce as the temperature increases.

Are there any innovations I can employ to the inside of my tank to drop the humidity and increase the temperature at night, so I can paint at night? I do not have access to an industrial dehumidifier. The heating and de-humidification has to be done evenly so as to ensure proper paint application throughout. Anything I should consider?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Control the painting environment. Replace the air in the tank environment with drier air. Look for ways to increase the air temperature, reducing the relative humidity without removing water vapor from the air, buy some air heaters, or by reducing the water vapor in the air by precondensing the water vapor in the air. Tarps raised at night may help to maintain a higher nighttime temperature. Buy some compressed air, as compressed tank air is usually drier than normal air. How much money do you have?

Technology is stealing American jobs. Stop H1-Bs for robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back