Spider Glass Facade glass to glass gap filling material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishann

Civil/Environmental
Jun 22, 2024
GB
Hello All,

I would like to know which material can be used to fill the gap between glass to glass in a spider glass facade ?
The gap between glass to glass is between 10mm to 15 mm. I have seen few projects and it does not look like normal silicon (see pictures below) .
Please could experts advice.

PXL_20240622_133440666.MP_yqvrd5.jpg
PXL_20240622_133447500_ple8rk.jpg
PXL_20240622_133449948_oo4wzt.jpg
PXL_20240622_133444778_lqtyup.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Thanks for replying, I wasn't sure if I could apply a silicon to a glass joint with a gap of 10 or 15mm .
I thought they might fill the gap with some sort of membrane and then apply a black silicone like DOWSIL™ 121 Structural Glazing Sealant
Any guidance on how to fill the glass joint gap of 15 mm ?

You are on the right track with Dow, but I don't have an opinion of which of their sealants to use. For gap size, sealant mixing, etc. I suggest you consult with Dow. The best joint geometry depends on the glass thickness as well as the application technique. The application of sealant in butt joints like this requires a worker on both sides, and they need to be tradesmen, not laborers.

Thank you hokie66, Yes I will get in touch with Dow. Yes it needs to be skilled person, unfortuntley the person I hired did not do a priper job, So i'm making sure I have the right techncial details and spec before restarting the work. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back