Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

splash-swirl masterbatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.H

Materials
Dec 7, 2016
BE
can anybody give an idea that how to make splash-swirl masterbatchs. or what material cause splash or swirl effect.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Google tells me its mainly organic dye pellets designed to burst open during the injection process. More defined details are likely to be company-specific, but there are plenty of companies out there willing to supply you with batches of their pellets.

Dan - Owner
URL]

Thanks for your reply. actually I am trying to Produce such kind of special effect masterbatche. do you have any idea what kind of Raw materials needed or any other clue?

The effect is possible by using a plunger type moulding press, combined with a suitable carrier for the masterbatch. No chance with a conventional screw machine.[highlight #FCE94F][/highlight]

A sort of wood effect can be had with a dark base colour and a blowing agent additive. Trials and errors required.

www.tynevalleyplastics.co.uk

Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement.

Thanks. But it is masterbatch? Quite different with routine masterbatch. Sorry, I never saw it before. We are producing some nucleating masterbatch now and they are too much different. Anyway, thanks a lot for the sharing. I'll google more information about it.

Expert of nucleating agents

For example, if I want to make transparent polystyrene parts with some colorful splashes or swirls. what should be the components of masterbatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back