Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spring mounting hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddddarkbull

Aerospace
Jun 1, 2012
CA
I am looking for COTS hardware that can be used to mount 2 extension spring side by side through a steel plate between the 2 springs. The springs are parallel to each other. I hardware should be fixed at the steel plate. I have hard time to find any from internet search. The extension spring has loops at the ends and the mount should allow the spring to spin freely. Would appreciate if someone can provide the source for this hardware. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The spring is 0.5" diameter. The force is 30 lb max. I don't have picture but just in concept now. The recommendation for the website (company) with this type of product is sufficient for me and I can browse around there. Thanks.

The pin can shift along its axis and we try to avoid that. The tolerance of the shaft is not typically designed for press fit. Not sure if it works. Thanks 3DDave.

Also check Misumi. They have a lot of parts that could be adapted for your application. Their web site is nowhere near as easy to navigate as McMaster Carr but they have a lot of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back