Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Spring preload F=k*x+F_0

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach32

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2011
FR
I need to modelize a system that inclued several springs in a preload position.
Objective is to run a dynamic analysis with NASTRAN sol700.

I planned to use a bar element with a spring material property, but I don't know how to define the preload status.

Thank you in advance for any tips.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Coach,

I too am looking to include springs with preload. In Nastran, you can define a CBUSH1D element, and then reference a table for force vs. displacement. If in the table zero displacement equals non-zero force, then you have a preload.

Only problem is, I can't figure out how to make Patran write a CBUSH1D card in the NASTRAN input instead of the regular CBUSH. If anyone knows the answer to this, you'd be helping both me and coach!

Thanks!

Hi mburlone,

Thank you for this tip.

I think that there is no way to define CBUSH1D with Patran, you have to do the modifications directly in your *.bdf file.

The only problem in my case is that I am not sure that the CBUSH1D element is available for NASTRAN sol700, due to translation to LSDYNA code.

Hi mburlone,

I have received a solution to modelize preload springs !

You can define a CSPR element (Spring with Offsets).
It use a PSPRMAT property and Material MATS01, and supports preload.

Small limitation is that the OFFSET option is not supported by PATRAN so you have to change it in the *.bdf file.
But there is no problem because you always have to change the *.bdf file before to run NASTRAN !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back