Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ST2 Assembly Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonGD

Mechanical
Mar 3, 2004
GB
Having major issues with assembling things for example dragging a component into an asm and then being told that every assembly relationship I try to make is not possible due to conflicts (impossible as there aren't any!) and also receiving circular dependency errors in components that have no dependent sketches etc.

SE used is ST2...

Any clues/suggestions as little errors like this are driving me mad?

Oh and don't get me started on how useless the Include command is!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does the Error Assistant (Tools…Errors) indicate any conflicting assembly relationships?
Can you please elaborate on the Include issue?

Regards,
Theodore

Solid Edge ST2 SP5 on WinXP x64

Hi What maintenence pack are you on.

There have been several issues with MP3 & 6

There has been a problem highlighted in MP6 with the included command and interpart copies.

And a regression was encountered with Solid Edge ST2 MP3 and withdrawn.

Rebooted PC and assembly components were then fine!! What a farce.

Two of us updated to MP6 and found the include issues, but let's be honest the include command in SE has been an absolute bag of s**t from day 1 - it struggles to update properly (especially when including edges from assemblies), drops links to the included part for fun (especially when renamed or moved using Relationship Manager) and when including the silhouette edge of a round object in an assembly it flips to the opposite side for no reason whatsoever. These would be my biggest frustrations off the top of my head. We machine a lot of sub-assemblies and so are probably coming across the include issues in assembly environment more than most.

As you say it has got even worse with the latest MP (way to go with the beta testing chaps...) - to the point where basically as soon as a sketch is closed it becomes unconstrained as included lines turn brown as they have lost the links to the referenced parts. The more frustrating thing is this doesn't happen every time - there is just no consistency to it's cock-ups!

I also can't believe that Siemens have still not managed to get out a fix for these issues - it's been over a month now FFS!
If anyone from Siemens comes on here may I suggest thumbs out of asses, work 24/7 and get on with it guys PLEASE - it's costing your clients time, money, a lot of frustration and any goodwill that you may have had!

I don't seem to have these included edge issue as much as you say ? The only edges I'll include are from interpart copies. Even then when making an interpart copy I select the BODY not a face as in the past I've had faces not update, but if it was a body it would. I'm not yet on MP6 though..

One of my Design Engineers has just come to me with the included edges dropping out within a simple part - let alone within the part copy or assembly environment. His system is not on MP6.

From our point of view the Include command is fundamentally flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back