Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ST3 - Cannot Find Pathfinder when editing sheet metal part in place in Assembly. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

asaki

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2012
TT
I have no idea what happen I was using ST3 Assembly and I was editing a sheet metal part (only in the sheet metal .psm I see it in .par files) when partfinder disappeared I don't know what happen. Ever since when I try editing a sheet metal part in an assemble partfinder does not show up. If I open the part by itself in ST3 partfinder is there.
In the assemble edit in place, If I select a feature on the part I and edit it I can see the partfinder but once I exit I cannot see it. This is driving me crazy right now cause my relationships are out of wack when I cannot see what is happening in edit in place in my assembly. I have even un-installed and reinstalled it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have your tried resetting your Solid Edge user preferences? Even if you uninstall and reinstall you still need to clear your Solid Edge user preferences:

For any of the paths shown as an environment variable you can cut and paste this path into the Windows Explorer address bar and it will resolve the %% environment variable automatically for you i.e. %APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions -> C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions.

1. Launch Solid Edge.

2. If using managed Solid Edge application i.e. SEEC, Insight, Insight XT, open the Cache Assistant. Clear the content of your cache – check in and delete files as necessary.

3. Exit Solid Edge.

4. Run "regedit" [or your registry editing tool of choice].

5. Inside the registry delete the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions" key and everything under it. WARNING: do NOT delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions".

6. Exit "regedit".

7. In "Windows Explorer" browse to %APPDATA%. If you cannot see this folder you will need to change your Windows Explorer "Folder Options" to show hidden and system files and folders.

8. Delete the "%APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions" folder and everything underneath it.

The user's Solid Edge settings have been reset and cleared.

Launch Solid Edge and attempt to reproduce the problem again. Did clearing the user settings resolve the issue?

Yes it will as this is a process for resetting the Solid Edge user preferences.

However instead of deleting the preferences rename them so you have them as backup. Then you can validate if resetting the user preferences resolves your issues or not.

If resetting your user preferences does not resolve the problem, delete the new SE user preferences and rename your original preferences back again.

Or if resetting does resolve your issue you can then review your original preferences, selectivity chose what you want to keep from the old backed up settings and merge them back into the new reset preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back