Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stability check for offshore pipelines according to DNV RP F109

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimouscha

Petroleum
Mar 29, 2013
FR
Hello,
Can anybody help me understand the symbols in the equations from the generalized lateral stability method of DNV RP F 109?
Actually not all of them exist in the section symbols of this revision practice, and here is the list of the symbols that I need to understand:
* Hs in the equation 3.7 of DNV RP F 109 how can we calculate it, actually that "gamma" is not found in the symbol part.
* Ly in the equation 3.35 is not found in the symbols parts and I actually want to determine Y from that equation, then Ly must be known however there is not any other equation or any other information about it.
Thank you for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hs is significant wave height for that region. In the gulf of mexico, this tends to be around Hmax/1.8 = Hs. Where Hmax is your maximum wave height.

If you actually have wave data, Hs is just the average of the highest third of your waves.

I have never used equation 3.35 and am not really familiar with it. So I can't really help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back