Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

standard part dialog SLOW!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBIM

Industrial
Nov 22, 2006
PT
Hi everybody,

Does someone know why each time I´m openig standart part dialog, I have to wait about 10 second before dialog apear, and also when I choose the disear part I also have to wait the same among of time ??

IT´s very anoing and my guess is I chould have some option turn on or some programe instaled ?

I hope you can help me.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you using mold wizard, or are you talking about just added a component?

If you are using mold wizard, I know in a few of the nx4 releases a few things act weird. Ug tells me that some of those things are fixed in the latest release of nx4 and nx5. Moldwizard will load all components that are not loaded in your ass'y, and will change most of your reference sets to entire part as well. So untill it is done doing this the dialog will not come up....

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about..!

Brookey

Hi,

I do have the latest version of NX4 and the preoblem is with moldwizard exactly.

I am not entirely sure that´s in fact what is apening on background but it might be it.

Is there a way to correct this error

thanks

If I figure out a work-around for this I will let you know. One thing you can do when you have your top ass'y up. Add a component and watch you prompt line and see if it is opening files up before you can place the component. I know in my top file I will have a lot of compnents set to an empty ref set so that it won't load. And when I try to put something in it will load those files first before a can place a new component.

Sometimes the check box for Preview causes it to slow way down if you library is full of PRE NX parts. See if unselecting the "Preview" check box works.

ARZinAZ

Moldwizard doesn't have a preview, it's not like when you add a component with assemblies->add component.. It's a little bit different.

Hi,

Well i´ve found my problem: i just change my default editor for exel files in costumers default from exel to xess.

It work just fine.

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back