Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

standard parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagamati saikumar

Mechanical
Aug 28, 2017
IN
hi everyone,
herewith i have the problem while creating standard parts having large no.of variants.I have tried with part families,.KRX file,deformable component.but i am facing problem to make fool proof design.is there any another methodology to design such parts?go through the attachment for example part.I am using using NX8.5 and NX10.
thanks in advance,
saikumar.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=357ab3ad-166c-4d24-b678-154c4f52c95d&file=Capture.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've done more complicated assemblies in the reuse system which of course is managed by the KRX file.

You need to make a top level assembly part with all the expressions that control your child parts from the top down. Your spread sheet should have a minimal number of controlling variables. NOT every single one or it will overwhelm the dialogue. Keep it simple.

Use "if" statement expressions in that top level assembly to control the rest of your variable dimensions. Link each child part to its appropriate controlling expression.

Done.

Dave
Automotive Tooling / Aircraft Tooling / Ground Support Structures

NX9, Win 7 Pro SP1

I have used IF conditions,but only the problem with parts like springs,chains.etc....(deformable parts). My main scope is ,customer will ask for parts as per the catalog specified in previous attachment.and the second one is part name is also need to change for each catalog type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back