Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

standard vacuum pipe flange size

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkstosocks

Electrical
Jun 28, 2006
NZ
Hello,

I'm designing an optical coupling to use a vacuum pipe flange and clamp fitting, like the one pictured here:

I need to know the dimensions of the flange so i can recreate them in the coupling I design.

I am using this clamp:

for 1" diameter tubing with a 1.57" diameter flange.

I need to know the angle of the flange taper(or the horizontal distance covered by the angle) and the width of the flange. I attached a picture to make absolutely clear what dimensions I need. in the pic, I need dims C and A or B.

Thank you for andy and all help and happy holidays.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The KF 25 and the fact you are talking about Vacuum service would suggest you are refering to ISO KF type fittings.

In which case have a look at the folowing link which has some dimensional and detail information
I can not confirm the accuracy of the information contained in the link but I have seen 15 degrees quoted in this and many other documents for the angle of taper for the back side of the flange of an ISO-KF fitting. ISO-KF fittings should conform to DIN 28403, I believe, so if you can get a copy you may be able to check for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back