Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STANDARDS: Cast iron pipe replacement in sanitary service

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsi1

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2003
US
Does ANSI A112.5.1 still exist? I'm having a hard time find anything recent. What I do find from ANSI pertaining to ductile iron piping and fittings is A21.10 and accompanying documents. Our old plant spec requires materials to conform to ASTM A74 and AWWA C110. Researching C110 often labels it as AWWA/ANSI C110/A21.10. Is it safe to assume that A112.5.1 has been replaced? I only ask because one of our suppliers lists their fittings as complient with A112.5.1 and not C110.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the quick response! I can find some historical reference to A112.5.1, including the 1985 Alabama Builders Code, but nothing up to date. All recent documentation from Industry Standards and manufacturers seems to always reference ASTM A74, then the accompanying AWWA C110 and/or ANSI A21.20.

I'm waiting on documentation from the supplier in question. It's a very good possibility that he just has an old product book.

You may wish to see the substantial list of different current standards e.g. applicable to ductile iron pipe and fittings on pages 1-4 through 1-7 at [including similar sounding ANSI/AWWA C151/A21.51 (formerly ANSI A21.51), the American National manufacturing standard for ductile iron pipe for water service]. A more recent standard for contemporary ductile iron fittings is also listed there, namely ANSI/AWWA C153/A21.53.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back