Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standards for Sailplanes (I4-FVK/91)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpaero

Aerospace
Dec 14, 2007
IN
Does anyone have a copy of OR know how to find the following document?

"I4-FVK/91 Standards for Structural Substantiation of Sailplane and Powered Sailplane Components Consisting of Glass or Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics” - LBA July 1991"

It should be a public paper of the German Civil Aviation Authority/LBA accepted by EASA for certification of small composite Airplanes. I have send a query on the LBA website already. If there is a better means of contact, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This same question was asked in a prior E-T thread... almost verbatim... and only 1 lukewarm answer was posted...

Composites certification approach for aircraft structures

Foreign specifications are difficult to procure.

Regards, Wil Taylor
o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

A Google-search short list included this EASA document...

CM-S-006 [I1] Certification Memorandum - Certification, Type Design Definition, Material and Process Qualification for Composite Light Aircraft

Regards, Wil Taylor
o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

I have managed to get hold of a copy from the LBA. Just for information, this document forms the requirement basis for composite materials including the fatigue test requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back