Standards/ Manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

vazij

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2001
US
Hi,
I am the only engineer at my company and I have to create a "How to Manual" for designs and drawings. This is to help any other engineers when hired to produce the same standard and levels of drawings. Does anyone have templates/ examples of this/ is it available anywhere.

Thanks
Jogesh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would start with some ANSI or ISO standards for creating drawings. It's just good policy to model the company standards after a universal standard so all customers and vendors understand the drawings.

As far as design, that depends on education, experience, and the tools you are using. Education and experience define themselves; it's the tools that you need to standardize so Engineer A can pick up Engineer B's work and understand the design intent.

If you tell us the tools you are using, we may be able to focus in that area.

--Scott Wertel

Thanks for the info.
We use ACAD 2000 to do all design/drafting.
Can you tell me where I can purchase the ANSI/ISO standards books?

Regards
Jogesh

Bob is correct. I should have mentioned that ANSI standards are converting to ASME standards. Same standard, new name.

In addition to his link you may just want to view the general ASME site as and It may pay to become a member of ASME, something you may consider looking into.

Also, are you aware that ANSI and ASME forums exist on eng-tips? You may want to post in those forums also. --Scott Wertel
scottw@interfaceforce.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back