Starting a Catia V5 blog... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

solid7

Mechanical
Jun 7, 2005
US
To all who might be interested...

My latest goofy little project is going to be a Catia V5 blog. (as the title states) The address will be at
I would be ever so happy if I could get some contributors from amongst the ranks here.

My goal is not to start another help forum - though they are few, they are plenty. No, rather, I'd like to really put a good commentary together regarding everyday use, tips, tricks, comparisons, freeware, etc. From the standpoint of small businesses and highly proficient users. I'm not looking to make techno-speak to impress the buzzword junkies... Just practical, insightful, and otherwise highly useful info.

You will have a free skate, and as long as all standards of ethics, decency and condut are adhered to, anything goes.

I hope some of you will find some interest in this. For now, I've posted some filler on the page - maybe some of you can relate... : )

Hope to hear from a bunch of you! And thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm having a little trouble getting the script to work right now, but I'm really close to getting it going.

I am naming the Catia V5 blog - what else? CATBlog, of course...

great, sounds really exciting...maybe you could have like a database of user-created tools and/or libraries?

is that asking too much?

-nadz

No, it's not too much to ask at all. The intention is to have a completely open resource for users. I don't have any intentions of restricting ANY sort of Catia V5 related exchanges, other than that which forums, such as this one, and COE are provided for.

That is to say, I do NOT want to open another help forum, per say. My vision is to start content publishing pages, where people don't have to be provoked to answer by reading the question first. I want to encourage people to post what's valuable to them, and post with authority!

I will have some editorial grip over the content, of course, but I don't expect to need to use it much.

I don't know. That' depends on how HACK-cited you get. Getting too HACK-cited might get you IP-banned. : )

My script is not quite up and running yet. I set a goal for the end of the month, although I always like to overshoot a little bit. With any luck, the site will be operational at the end of the week.

My disclaimer: "Yanking your chain" in no way indicates any pain - on your part or mine, nor does it correspond to any of the following: pulling, tugging, jerking, winching, reeling, or taking the slack out of. [jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back