Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting off with plc 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxi

Electrical
Feb 20, 2002
GB
PLC is something almost completely new to me. Can anyone give me an advice about a book or anything else to start learning about PLC. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maxi,

A great site I know of is
Provides great background information to get newbies up to speed, and an impressive
simulator that can be downloaded and used as a demo with a couple of simulations.
This program actually emulates the Rockwell software for AB's line of PLC's which is a fairly good line of PLC's. The full blown version runs for about $25 and is well worth
the money for the diversity of it's simulations and included lab exercises.

You can also do a search at amazon and find some good books on the subject. I purchased a course off of ebay for 1/4 of the cost of a new one. It was based on micrologix from AB, but still good for overall knowledge of all plc's.

Carl

Hi,

I am new to this forum. My cousin has a production line that uses Atmel AT89C51 controller chip.

He used to have a production engineer in charge of programming the chips. But due to management reasons, my cousin decided to fire him. In retaliation, the engineer locked all the chips and left no program behind for flashing the chips.

Officially, I understand that the flash program inside the chip will be erased if the chip is locked. But I just like to know if there's any way to get around this and download the program from the chip for use again.

Regards

Ed.

Sir,
i wanted to deverlop my own plc hardqware and that is as same like the industrial plc working.
please send guideline about my problem at my address:
email:fmbbgod@rediffmail.com

Sir,
i wanted to deverlop my own plc hardqware and that is as same like the industrial plc working.
please send guideline about my problem at my address:
email:fmbbgod@rediffmail.com
my address:govt quarters
b/h cmo bunglow,
block no b/8/115'
jail road
bhavanagar-364 001
Gujarat.India.

Another good primer is the MicroMentor from AB.
The catalog is 1761-MMB.
This should be available from any AB distributor. Probably less than $25.

I would buy a DL05 from AutomationDirect and get the small version of DirectSoft and a cable. The book you receive will tell you anything you need to know or you can write me and I'll send you some course work that I have authored and taught with great success. Hope this helps. Whatever you do though, stay away from from AB drivel that so many people succumb to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back