Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starting to program with Pro/E 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbertin

Mechanical
Jun 27, 2012
FR
Hello everybody,

First of all, I would like to apologize for my English :)

My main project is to generate automatically a list of all the parts, assemblies (which are in folders and sub-folders) in an Excel sheet.
For each line, tell if there is a drawing of this file and some information about this drawing (format, drawer etc... which are always in the same place in the drawing)
Right now it's working for Catia, I have done a macro on Excel to generate a basic list of files, and a macro on Catia to open all the drawings, take the information wanted and add it to the right line in Excel.

So now it's the turn of Pro/E !
I have no experience in programming with Pro/E, but when I read forums, websites etc...it looks the mess. I get lost between Pro/Weblink, Pro/E VB API, J-Link, Pro/Toolkit, the trails files. I can't find any tutorial on internet about how to start an API with Pro/E.

From your experience, which API can you advice me, and how can I start it ?
(I know that I can't use Pro/E VB because it starts with Wildfire 4 and I'm using a previous version)

Thank you,

Thomas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are the Pro/E files stored in any sort of PLM package?

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I finally manage to do it, I will explain quickly for people in same case as me.

I did it with a macro on Excel wich is writing a trail file according to name of the file in the disk, and launch via this macro a batch in no windows mode wich will run the trail file. The trail file is openning each drawing and saving in .txt the data I want and after it's easy to analyse it with the macro in Excel.

Don't hesitate to ask more detail if interested in.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
can you please let me know more about how to creat this macro... i am also in simillar situation, i need to get the particular parameters (description, part no, weight, drawn, appvd,...)of parts used in assembly in excel format. i've already entered these parameters for each part.

more info on your macro will be very useful for me...
Thanks in Advance.

BTW i am using WF 5.0.

Criss,

Hi Criss

The topic here is answering exactly to your problem.
I did in a different way because my problem was different (and his solution is to advanced, I couldn't modify it for me), but if you have some difficulties, tell me and I will explain how I did it in a simple way.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back