Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylar

Mechanical
May 17, 2004
IE

Does anyone know of a cheap simple way of eliminating static Without charging+- atoms etc
luckylar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For what application? There are solutions that may not be appropriate to the process at hand, i.e., such as increasing the humidity.

TTFN

I agree with IRstuff that more information on the application is needed. Also, what do you define as "cheap"? An increase in humidity is indeed one solution (or part of the solution), as IRstuff suggested, but there are also mats, dissipative clothing, wrist bands, leg bands, coatings, sprays, bonding systems, baggies and containers, as well as active systems that generate streams of neutralizing ions (a solution which I infer you're not interested in). You might try going to Google ( and doing a search on the terms STATIC CONTROL PRODUCTS.

Good luck,

MC

Thanks, IRstuff & Rollingrock,
but let's just say I've tried all the stuff in the cathalogs. i'm asking has anybody got a 'home remedy' that worked for them. The application is coating a fabric ( dip and dry) as the fabric goes trough a series of rollers and accross various surfaces and the rewound unto it's self, it creates/gathers static. Yes a big cleanroom situation with controled humidity and charged ions and earthing straps etc. would certainly do the job, but it's not realistic for me.

luckylar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back