Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Statics and Dynamics Equations 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtlebo

Mechanical
Sep 2, 2004
US
Anyone know where i can find a resource on the web of dynamics and statics equations. can't find my college text books.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dover books (? I think) is selling a handbook of mechanical engineering. I saw it a barnes and nobel for $35. Best book for the price I've seen. I plan on picking it up next time i'm there....

But... Taking BigTomHanks advice... pick up the

How to Ace Calculus : The Streetwise Guide

by Adams, Thompson, & Haas... It's $10 and the best calc review i've ever seen.

Wes C.

If you simply need the equations, go to and download the fundamentals of engineering handbook.

For more explanation, try this website, I have not checked this for current status but downloaded his "engineer on disk" a while back and there is a lot of interesting information. If the above website doesn't work, try googling "enginer on disk" to find it.

Assuming you are not in a large city with an institution of higher learning with a bookstore, or a "used books" store with a technical section, there is always Amazon.com. I searched on Statics and Dynamics text and got a bazillion hits; new and used books.

Also check out the on-line MIT lectures. I've been a bit underwhelmed by the courses I looked at but they may get you going.

I can't say I'd recommend any of the university coursebooks I've got either, but it depends what field you are looking at.

Thomas Gillespie's book on vehicle dynamics seems quite rigorous and is a reasonably interesting book if you are into Vehicle Dynamics.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back