Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Steam drum support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is the slightly complex subject, and the short answer is no. You do not mention about the boiler type, and the location of steam drum in the boiler arrangement in side view as well as plan view.

So if you can clarify all these and add those intended drawings you may be able to get some ideas. Otherwise any suggestion is going to lead you in wrong directions.

The type is a water tube boiler.
I found this image on google.

Water_Drum_of_Steam_Boiler_uahhcc.jpg

source :
The steam drum not supported by the saddle, so what support does the steam drum use?

Thank you for your answer.

This type boiler steam drum is supported by the suspension beams above through u-bolts or similar shape plate strips one on each end of drum as far as I know.

If you do not know this you probably cannot design them if you are intending. Consult an expert or one of the boiler design and construction company. Otherwise you may cause big problem.

Some type of water tube boilers supported at the base, and steam drum in this case supported by mud drum through the tube banks. The picture does not show top suspension or base supports clearly for this purpose, and you have not provided your own drawings either to be able to say correctly.

After these posts you can decide where to supports are, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back