Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steam Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You generally have to pay for these; steam tables, Mollier diagrams etc. are usually included as appendices within most advanced thermodynamic textbooks and trade volumes. I dare say I possess at least half a dozen different books that contain these.

There may be online versions out there as well, maybe even some free ones . . . have you surfed the 'Net yet to try and find some?

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

Hey Latexman, I noticed this in the OP's other post entitled Turbine Efficiency:

"I have just started my industrial career. I am just a co-op student trying analyze system, so I can make mistakes; not a big deal."

I'm therefore cutting Vraj84 some slack; we all had to start somewhere too...

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

Vraj84,

Check the appendix in your engineering textbooks, especially handbooks. Some have steam tables.

Buy Crane Technical Paper No. 410. It has a great steam table. If you will be doing fluid flow calculations, Crane TP410 is a must have, IMHO.

Good luck,
Latexman

To a ChE, the glass is always full - 1/2 air and 1/2 water.

You can get the equations from NIST.
I actually don't use tables may more, just calculate the values.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

I have a program that provides properties of the saturated steam on a range of 0,01...220 degC. The input is temperature and the program calculates water vapour pressure at that temperature, entalpy of water, specific volume of water, density of water, enthalpy of steam, specific volume of steam, density of steam, heat of evaporation of water and specific heat of steam, all at the given input temperature. Inversely it calculates the temperature and all other variables at given input pressure. There exists somewhere in my file a complete calculation of water-steam properties according to the VDI tables, where the range of superheated steam is included. The problem is that I do not know how to deliver you my code, if you are interested in. It is written in excel VBa and the older code for the entire range of temperatures in a very old version of Basic ( actually for Sharp 1500!)
regards
Dixiematic

If you prefer a hardcopy and your responsibilities require a thorough understanding and quick reference, you might consider the Steam Tables texts (SI & English) by Keenan & Keyes. Should be able to get used copies pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back