Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

step file from Catia V5r19 to NX7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG541

Automotive
Jan 26, 2008
when i import a step file from catia it adds up to 5 extra numbers to my part number, why? i've tried saving the catia product file as a step, i've tried to create an all cat part and each time the part numbers match but i've got extra numbers after each. is there a setting i can change so it doesn't add additional numbers to my part number? i did not have this issue with nx5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I really don't know much about Catia, but what I can tell you is that instead of transferring a STEP file you may want to utilize the NX to Catia translators.

I'm guessing that you are 'importing' the step file using File -> Open... and filtering for step files. If that is the case, it is why you are seeing the odd file names. To avoid this you can create a new file (using the name you desire) and using File -> Import -> STEPXXX.... This workflow will import the step file into the new file you have created. Or, you can open the step file directly as you have been doing and simpy rename it when you are done.

i normally use file>import>step203

using the translater function out of the start programs brought everything in with the correct naming convention.

i like the file import better but this will work.

thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back