Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Step7 v5.2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinBEng

Electrical
Mar 31, 2003
HT
Dear all,

I recently upgraded from Siemens Step7 v5.1 to v5.2.

When I tried to reconnect to the PLC I received and error saying that "the configured hardware interface is already being used by another programming package"

I am using the CP5511 card and MPI cable which worked fine before.
Please help,
MartinBEng

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ipupkin,

I tried several times to create a hardware profile but it kept freezing the PC.

After all my frustration I decided to format the drive and re-install windows. I did it and it worked.....at last, the CP5511 card seemed to find it's place.

It was big hassle but saved me $1100 on a new CP5512 card.

Thanks everyone for your help:)

MartinBEng

Hello Martin.
Did you get the card to function under W2000?
I have exactly the same problem you have had.
It seems that siemens driver for the card requires that the card get access to memory segment D0000 -10FFFF in order to function in s7. This memory area in my w2000 is occupied by the system board. Is there any way to fix this? Siemens has released a "fix" CP5511INF.ex , but when I use that program the device manger shows that this device (cp5511) cannot find enogh free resources that it can use. The driver requests the above mentionend memory areea.
It does also seem that this fix forces the card to require to much memory. If one uses 32k the card should claim for D0000 up to D7FFF and not up to 10FFFF !!!
I'm not an expert in this matter but it seems to me that the Siemens driver is not ok.
Has anybody solved this problem?

Hello Benga,

I ha exactly the same problem as you. There were not enough free resources when I used the "fix" .exe from Siemens. I tried several options but had no luck. In the end I re-installed windows, and before reinstalling any other programs, drivers etc I installed Step7 and then the card. Strangely enough it choose free memory for the card in the C segment????? Don't know why, but it works.
I tried creating new hardware profiles aswell but that didn't work, for me the only resolution is re-installing windows. This was very frustrating for me but now it works.

Good Luck
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back