Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stiffness and mass matrices from SAP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GradUNH

Structural
Mar 19, 2010
US
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to get both the mass and stiffness matrices from SAP.Quoting from SAP manual:
"With the Advanced Solver option, check the Output Mass and Stiffness Text Files check box and then select a case name from the Case Name drop-down list to specify the case for which the stiffness output is to be generated".

The question is, where can I find those outputs?. I already checked in the text files generated by SAP but I didn't find anything. I'm having such a hard time trying to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the "Analyze" menu select "Set Analysis Options". In the new window you'll see the "Solver Options" button. Click on it and then, on the left hand side tab select "Advanced Solver". Then, from the drop-down menu select the case for which you want the matrices to be saved.
After running the analysis, go to the folder where you have your model saved and look for the files with the following extensions: .txa, .txe, .txk and .txm. All the details and explanations are given in the .txa file. You can open these files with any text editor program.

Cheers,
iotoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back