Stored AC units maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccc123

Mechanical
May 17, 2006
PS
All ,

My company has bought some Carrier AC units to be installaed in our project. Unfortunatilly the project is suspended for one year . All AC units were bought and stored at warehouse, During this one year of suspention and storage of equipment do we need to do any type of maintenance for the Carrier AC units ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are they still in their boxes?
I would think not. as long as they are stored well. Keep them dust free. and dont allow them to get dinged up.
When the new 12 seer law came into effect, we had bought 120 new heat pumps and as of now still have about 20 or so left of various sizes..
Bubz

You should do some research on false brinelling of bearings.

Where is this warehouse? Is it climate controlled? Does the roof leak? Is it near the ocean, or a highway, or a powerplant, or a marsh?

In places where the climate changes during the year, at some point many critters start looking for winter homes. A nice insulated air handler, with a small protective pipe to crawl through would be an attractice home to many critters.

oops... should have been 13SEER law..... sorry.
Yes mint your right. But I was thinking still packaged like we keep ours. and our shop/wharehouse is climate controlled. cept the bpss doesnt like to turn up the heat until we all leave for our service work. LOL Or turn down the AC during the heat waves!

Bubblyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back