Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storm and sanitary analysis: IDF database file missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue85

Civil/Environmental
Sep 20, 2013
SE
Hi there!

I am new on this forum and I am wondering or someone can help me with a modelling problem.

I am having a storm water model in storm and sanitary and it is running and I get some output.
The model itself seems to work and the output seems to be ok as well, but there is a problem with the IDF curve.

When I open the IDF curve and click on close then the following message is turning up:
'IDF database file is missing or corrupt'.

This problem is also turning up when I open a new file. So I was wondering or someone has an ideae about how to fix this?
And how it impacts my modell.
I will try to run the modell on another computer on Monday to see what is happing.

Would be great is someone can help me!

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We need to know a lot more. What software are you using? There should be a file somewhere that contains your IDF table. Typically you can edit these things with an interface in your software, or sometimes with a text editor. For what it's worth, if your IDF table is missing or wrecked, then all your modeling is wrong, and you need to fix it.

Hydrology, Drainage Analysis, Flood Studies, and Complex Stormwater Litigation for Atlanta and the South East -

Hi!

It is indeed about Autodesk storm and Sanitary analysis.

I understand how to change and edit the IDF curve.
And I also understand that if this data is wrong, the modell is wrong as well. This exactly the problem, because I need to run the modell for differnt storms. And when this IDF curve is not working, then I don't know what stormdata the modell is using...

It is possible to load another IDF curve and to edit this.
But when I select the close button, I get the message: IDF database file missing or corrupt.
I enclosed print screem of this message so it's clearer now.

My question is how I can fix this IDF database file. I tried the next things:
- Creating a new IDF table and save this.
- Loading an existing table.
But this seems not to work because that message it turning up.

So I am wondering or there is anyone who has some other ideas about how to fix this.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f4fabc3b-be39-4b98-9b91-0406a1d9ecfe&file=IDF_curve_missing.png
I just wanted to say that I found a solution for the problem and that my modell is working again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back