Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Storm Water 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRANNELL

Structural
May 1, 1999
Looking for a simple Drainage calculation and system calculation spread sheet....for Excel...any ideas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Would Erosion Draw 2.0 be helpful to you? Reportedly..." a collection of CAD drawing files of key design features such as Energy Dissipator, Grass-lined channels, riprap, streambank stabilization, and gabions. {...include dimensions, sections, and construction details, ...ready to insert innto your site design plan" Is it only graphics or are there callculation programs as well? Anyone?

I'm looking for a simple structural design spread sheet so I don't have to subcontract with one of those expensive structural engineers next time I'm asked to do a small commercial or industrial project. I hate sharing fees and, hay, I'm an engineer. I should be able to do that. Next maybe a retaining wall design spreadsheet. I can cut out those geotechs. :) <grin> Then maybe …

But seriously, Let the experts in that field handle the job. Just like in your field you know someone who is not familar with the design on a daily basis will miss something important. I've seen drainage comps by civil professionals wrong on the all important variables and the result is flooding. sometimes it can even lead to death by drowning. Also considerations of icing is all but seldom considered, so see even the experts can be wrong. Don't fool with it unless someone you know to be proficient will review it.

I worked for Maccaferri,Inc. for 13 years and they have developed very simple software that most anyone can use. Go to Maccaferri-usa.com and request a free issue. This software allows the use most every type of protections including grass, rock, bio-engineering. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back