Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StormCAD Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisem

Civil/Environmental
Nov 26, 2014
US
Hello All,

I am a StormCAD Newbie and am working on a final project for class. I have taken an aerial photo of a residential area I plan to analyze with this program. My question: how can I scale my photo so that when I start adding my conduits, etc., they are roughly the correct length?

Thanks so much,
Daisy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Daisy,

Use Google Earth and draw square with known dimension. This square will help to remeasure dimension after printing/scanning/photocopying like old days drawing scales.

Regards,

HSiddiqui

Bring it in as an image into AutoCAD, you're going to need to transfer the .dxf file anyway.

As it was said above, you need to find a couple known distance, which you'' need to field verify unless you have a survey. Get some parking stalls, inlet to inlet, building dimensions, etc ... something you can pick up in the aerial, then scale and rotate in CAD

How does one come up with Intensity-Duration-Frequency Curves and Time of Concentration? Is this input manually or can one import (and how)?

100% Lost

Also, I only have academic license so I have to cut the project into parts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back