Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

stress and reinforcement design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukocek

Structural
Jun 29, 2007
TR
I have building with curtains walls that are designed as solid and shell elements.

after anelising I got some stress results like S11,S22,S12...etc.

how can I calculate rainforcing from stress values? how can ? use S11,S22,S12,F11.....etc for reinforcing

(I need some documents and inf.)

Thanks for answers

Recep Suk

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look for "Section cuts" in the analysis reference and in the help file. There are also some example problems (named A-Z) where you can see how to use the section cuts.

Notman, thanks for replay but I dont meant it. yes ? can find some moment and reaction forces with section cut and ? can calculate re-bar,
but ? would like to approach re-bar using strees values.? dont want to use moment for re-bar

thanks

Oh, I got the point. Well, I am not sure that stress based design is common approach. I think that one possible way is to divide the wall section to small subareas. After that based on your stress diagram you may calculate (integrate) the resultant force for each subarea and put a proper reinforcement bar in the centroid. Hence the arrangement of the subareas should be made having in mind the desired reinforcement bar positions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back