Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Struct Analysis: Holes/features ignored/not being meshed (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPosner

Mechanical
Jan 26, 2007
US
I have an assembly that I am meshing and for some reason these holes won't mesh on a specific part. Also some counterbores on some holes aren't meshing either. I've tried different things, like local mesh size and I cannot even choose the inside hole surface. No luck here. Any insight or tips? What's the issue?

Thanks.

Elmoto1.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I found my problem. My part body had an "extra" pad at the bottom of the partbody tree. It was the original entire profile which made my part hole-less again. In part design, the feature just above this ghost pad was the "work in object". I deleted the pad and viola! Sorry to waste space on the forums. (I was trying to delete this post but it doesn't seem to be possible.)

Alpha,

You can use your existing assembly constraints to make the connections in your Assembly Analysis. Use the "Connection Properties" toolbox.

Without seeing more of your assembly, I'd start there and play around. You can also find some decent resources from google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back