Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Structural Analysis in the Cloud - CloudCalc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

iv63

Structural
Jan 6, 2009
US
If you use this software CloudCalc.com (or heard about it) please provide your feedback.
iv

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I read the following:

3. PAYMENT
Licensor grants the License to use the Program with no License fee. Licensor reserves the right to institute a License fee for the Program at any time in the future, without prior notice.

There is no free lunch. They don't say what programs they use. I don't trust them.

I love the concept and am certain that's the way of the future. Heck, I'm half tempted to apply for a developer position. I worry about the long term viability of it as a business model however. When the time is right, I'm pretty sure that the big boy structural software developers will flip the switch and start offering their wares as online subscription services as well.

I like to debate structural engineering theory -- a lot. If I challenge you on something, know that I'm doing so because I respect your opinion enough to either change it or adopt it.

OP, thanks for creating this thread (which I just came across). Everybody else, thanks for chipping in. Yes, the plan is to first popularize the concept of engineering analysis in the cloud, and then find a way to monetize it. (Those who sign up early will most likely be grandfathered in for free use.)

If I wasn't concerned about running afoul of the guideline against "promoting" in posts, I'd suggest you all go ahead and register (there's no charge or obligation or CC required) and see what you think of it yourself. We also are interested in hearing feedback in order to help us define the development roadmap.

Tom Van Laan
CEO, CloudCalc, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back